Senior Java Software Developer
This is an excellent opportunity for developer with Java/J2EE experience.An individual is needed to work in a team environment to design and code software in a fast paced, challenging environment.Resource is preferred to have strong end-to-end web application experience. The employee, acting as lead, will be responsible for the development effort on the assigned project.Individual will be required to collaborate with, delegate and manage other development resources from a project perspective to ensure overall success of the project.
The successful candidates we seek must have a demonstrable track record of achieving success in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.Superior communication skills, the ability to work across the organization, excellent analytical skills, a professional demeanor and the ability to participate in a distributed team environment are essential to success in this position.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- A committed employee who works towards the success of the team, completing assignments in a timely manner.
- Work within a distributed team environment applying Agile methodologies.
- Work within various client constraints to provide development consulting services as part of engaged teams.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to build and enhance applications across multiple disciplines and industries – ranging from startups to Fortune 100 companies.
- Take ownership in projects and suggests revising, repairing or expanding existing programs to increase operating efficiency.
- Develop and maintain unit tests for software components in development
- Maintain and develop expert knowledge of industry best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in Java.
- Ability to solve problems and offer solutions within a team.
- Ability to establish and follow an enterprise framework for all phases of software development: requirements, design, development, testing, and delivery.
- Ability to validate software requirements through iterative design sessions with business analysts and SMEs.
- Strong IBM Sterling OMS Experience.
- Strong WebSphere Commerce Experience.
- Previous team lead experience
- Bootstrap or other mobile front end frameworks
- Creating visually appealing web pages or interfaces.
- Creating, editing or modifying templates for a CMS (CQ5, SiteCore) or web development framework.
- Experience in libraries such as jQuery or Prototype.
- Testing cross-browser, cross-platform, and/or cross-device compatibility for inconsistencies.
- Experience with Spring MVC framework
- Programming in a J2EE environment with JSP/Servlets
- Experience with JSTL and custom tag libraries
- Positions are full-time employees of Xpanxion, not contractors
- Employees have the support of an excellent training program
- Multiple other positions available at multiple different experience and education levels
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Position located in Ames, Iowa.
Participate in all of our employee benefit programs:
- Paid time offs & Holidays
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Bonus Programs